Ways to Celebrate Your Mom this Mother's Day
As our class schedule fills up for Mother's Day weekend (May 9-10) and as online orders come in, we are excited to share our unique gift items & ideas to celebrate the occasion!
Just in our boutique are:
Macaron Trinket Boxes
These are hot items! Whether it be your small jewelry pieces, ibuprofen tablets or hairpins (we're sure you can come up ways to make good use of it), these sweet macaron trinket boxes come in assorted pastel colors and will keep your little things contained.
Vintage-Inspired Crystal Perfume Bottle Pendant Necklaces
The top of the crystal pendant unscrews and a small amount of perfume or essential oil can be poured in. Each gold-plated copper chain necklace comes with a petite gold organza gift pouch, complete with instructions & a funnel for filling. They are available in 4 stunning colors: black, champagne, grey & turquoise.
Never lose your keys again! Whimsical and super practical - these are locally made in Valley Center. They are fun accents to handbags and ensure that the keys stay put instead of getting lost in the void.
Read on for our top recommendations for celebrating the moms in your life in La Jolla, CA (for those that aren't lucky enough to be in St. Martin, FWI for Mother's Day!).
1. A Tijon gift card for a fragrance creation experience with your mom.
2. A bottle of custom fragrance that your mother will enjoy (which can also be made into a custom-scented body lotion or body créme). Don't have time for a full class session? Be sure to stop by our lab for a 20-minute Fragrance in a Flash. Our fragrance specialists will be able to create two recipes based on whatever you have in mind and bottle the one you like best for you to give to your mom! We also have an array of beautiful perfume bottles to make the fragrance even more spectacular.
3. Brunch, Lunch or Dinner at any of our favorite La Jolla Village restaurants, namely The Med & Café la Rue at the dreamy La Valencia Hotel (just a stone's throw away from our boutique!), NINE-TEN Restaurant at the gorgeous Grande Colonial Hotel, Roppongi, Herringbone, Catania, George's at the Cove, Whisknladle, Puesto, Coffee Cup, Sugar & Scribe, Mary's English Kitchen, Piazza 1909, El Pescador Fish Market, just to name a few! ...
4. Gorgeous flowers from our favorite florist, Bloomers of La Jolla.
5. Walk along La Jolla Cove, exploring the tidal pools during low tide or just observe the fun seals and other marine wildlife at the Children's Pool. Sunset is especially incredible here!
6. Afterwards, indulge in a piccolo cup of incredibly decadent gelato from Bobboi Natural Gelato, right on Girard Avenue & Prospect Street. Bobboi sources their ingredients from local farms so their flavors rotate daily. Have your gelato affogato (which means 'drowned' in a shot of espresso). Simply amazing!