Very Hungry Caterpillar Party Ideas
Posted on June 18, 2014 by Tijon Employee
Very Hungry Caterpillar is a children’s book that brings the magic and fun of a caterpillar to life. For over 45 years, this book has moved its way into the hearts of children. Now, children everywhere have chosen to have a Very Hungry Caterpillar-themed party.
For parents that have difficulty diving deep into the imaginative mind of their child, we have created a list of Very Hungry Caterpillar party ideas that will make your themed party a hit.
The invitations for Very Hungry Caterpillar are simple to make and will look amazing. There are a few options to choose from, but we like to go all the way with our invitations as these will be the first thing any attendees will see. If you want to stir up the excitement of potential guests, you must have spectacular invitations. Let’s get started:
• Card: You can purchase Very Hungry Caterpillar cards online, or you can make these right on your home computer. The choice is yours, but you will want to pick a card that features a caterpillar at the very least.
• Inserts: Inside of the card, you will want to leave a little gift for the person invited. This can be a caterpillar bookmark, stickers or anything else.
• Envelope: The envelope is where the most creative part of the card will be. The only issue is the means of transport. If you are delivering your invitation by hand, you can go wild, but if you are sending it through regular mail, you may have an issue. In either case, the following is a great choice:
1. The front of the card must show a caterpillar. This can be a stick (large enough for the entire front of the card, or it can be custom created. All you need is flattened fuzzy buttons that are green and eyes purchased at a craft store. Glue them on with the head of the caterpillar being near the edge of the card.
2. The reverse side should feature a butterfly that has transformed from its caterpillar state. This is a magical transformation and a few sparkles glued onto the back followed by a graphic, sticker or drawing of a butterfly are a great choice.
3. Seal the envelope with two small stickers: one of a caterpillar and one of a butterfly.
These are intricate invitations, but they will stir the imagination of any child.
Decorations for this type of party are quite simple. Anyone that is on a budget will be happy to know that you can cheaply create decorations that can fit into every room with ease. The main point to remember is that this particular caterpillar is very hungry and has a unique body. The body, like any other caterpillar, is green; however, the head of the hungry caterpillar is red.
Now, you can make decorations that include:
• Colored paper
Virtually anything green and one red will do the trick.
You may find that there is a lack of entertainment that can really hold true to the caterpillar theme. In this case, you will want to read the story to the attendees, or let them read it together as a group.
There was a television show featuring the caterpillar for a brief moment in 1993, but this is very hard to find in stores. If you do find it, the kids will watch in amazement as the story unfolds in front of their eyes.
The great part about this ultra-hungry caterpillar is that you can create dozens of amazing looking food items that pay homage to the story and do so with healthy foods. Here are a few of our best decorative food ideas:
• Slice up a green apple and create the body of a caterpillar. These slices can be cut into strips. Using a red apple, create a circle face. The feet and antennas of the caterpillar can be made using the red peel of an apple.
• Using a box of cookies, create a long, wrapped up body of a caterpillar and use a sugar candy that is round for the face.
• Green cupcakes can be utilized as a body and the head of the caterpillar should have red frosting and eyes. If you are creative, you can easily make white cupcakes that have a green caterpillar on top of them using frosting. Simply dab the frosting on top and round it out with a spoon or your finger.
You can also setup partially eaten fruits, cookies or any other items near the head of the caterpillar to make it look like it just went on an eating binge.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a child’s tale that will live on in the hearts of children throughout their life. Creating this once-in-a-lifetime experience will be worth the effort and bring a smile to any child’s face.