20 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Party Ideas
Posted on May 28, 2014 by Tijon Employee
The phenomenon of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been around for decades. While this popular cartoon was once one of the biggest shows on television, its popularity began to dwindle. Now, the series has revitalized the interest in TMNT and even has a movie slated for release within the year.
Now, kids are wanting to have TMNT birthday parties that bring out the fun of Splinter, Donatello and all of the other great characters. After all, who doesn’t like a turtle fighting against bad guys? These Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles party ideas will be perfect for kids of all ages.
No one will want to crawl into the sewer to throw a TMNT party. Since all of the characters like to live in the sewer, you can recreate the experience in a less stinky and dirty manner.
A basement is the perfect choice for a sewer transformation. Simply add:
• Fake sewer pipes on the wall. This can be done with graphic decals or you can paint the pipe yourself.
• Add crate graphics to the floor or put plastic crates on the ground. Remember to provide the true rustic feeling with a little bit of dirt and rust. Rust can easily be sand that has been glued to items and painted.
• Green ooze or sludge can be used to really give the sewer effect. This ooze can be purchased as most toy stores.
Now, the rest is up to you. This will be more than enough to make the perfect atmosphere for a sewer party. While this may take more work than some of the other options, this will surely be a big hit with anyone that has been invited.
If you don’t have space to be creative, you can create a generic room that is adorned with everything TMNT. This will include:
• Tablecloths that have the TMNT logo and characters on them.
• Cups and napkins that are TMNT themed.
• Balloons and other forms of memorabilia.
The best part is that virtually every party store will have TMNT decorative items. The show is a major fan favorite and there is a lot of hype behind the show’s renewed popularity. You will easily find all of these extras at a great price in your local party store.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles makes the food choices a breeze. If you have ever watched the show before, you will know exactly what the main course should be. Pizza. You would be hard pressed to find a time when the gang is not enjoying pizza for dinner.
Now that the main course is settled, it is time to start baking and making all of the little extra snacks for guests to eat.
• Drinks: Green colored drinks are a great choice that really adds to the turtle feel. This can be soda, juice or any other drinks that have a green tone to them.
• Cookies: Using cookie cutters you can make turtle shaped cookies that everyone will love. There are TMNT cookie cutters on the market, but you can also use a generic circle cookie and decorate them as shells.
• Cupcakes: An easy idea for cupcakes is to choose a green frosting as your main icing and start to add colored candies to the top. The colored candies should represent one of the characters in the show. For instance, one cupcake will have all orange candies on top to symbolize Michelangelo.
If you want to make any items on your own without cutters or extras, you can follow this basic idea.
• Circle items work best. This will be the face of the character.
• Use icing that matches the colors of the gang.
• Apply the icing a little above the middle of the item.
• Add two semi-circles in the center with icing where the eyes will be placed.
• Add candy eyes to your creation.
• Make a mouth out of black icing or use licorice.
• Add a little red icing for the tongue.
While this may be a little complicated at first, the process is easy and you can make cookies, candies or lollipops using the same general idea.
There are many entertainment options available, but TMNT showings will obviously be the best choice.
• There are TMNT soundtracks that can be purchased.
• Display the movie or television series on all televisions in the home.
You can even go the extra mile by:
• Staging a robbery where all of the turtles, guests, will have to go out and solve the crime together. This will put all guests into the shoes of the TMNT.
• Have someone dress up in costume to greet all of the kids or make a surprise visit during the party. This will allow for a shock factor from all those that attend.
The longevity of TMNT allows for dozens of great ideas that will make your party a blast.