22 Good Cowgirl Birthday Party Ideas
Posted on May 14, 2014 by Tijon Employee
Cowgirl birthday parties are fun for girls of all ages. With the right location, decorations, food choices and entertainment, you can turn a simple birthday bash into the event of the year. Here are some good cowgirl birthday party ideas to help you plan your celebration.
The location of the party will set the stage for the cowgirl theme. Barns and farms are great location choices if your budget will allow it. Barns and farms really lend to the cowgirl theme and will provide you with plenty of space for the day’s festivities. If renting a venue is out of the question, a simple outdoor location or your own backyard will suffice.
The decorations you choose will really depend on the age of the birthday girl. Just like any other party theme, you want to choose a few colors for your party. Pink, white and brown are popular choices for the cowgirl theme.
The younger the birthday girl is, the more the more youthful your décor can be. From makeshift Wild West towns to treat bars, there’s something for every party.
Hang cowboy hats along the fence and set up rustic wooden tables for guests to sit at. Add plenty of flowers to the tables to really brighten up the party. Cute little “Wanted” posters can be hung along the fence with the birthday girl’s picture on it. Wild West themed streamers can also be hung that spell out the girl’s name or “Happy Birthday.” Hay stacks can be placed around the yard as makeshift places to sit. If your budget allows, provide each guest with a cute cowboy hat and bandana to stay true to the cowgirl theme.
Food is one of the most important parts of any party. The menu choice for a cowgirl themed party is simple and crowd pleasing. If you have a grill, you can grill up hot dogs and hamburgers for guests. Retro-style glass bottles of soda can also be served. Fried chicken, biscuits and gravy are also obvious, crowd pleasing choices.
Another popular choice is to set up food “bars.” Dessert, snack and drink bars are all great choices and give you another opportunity to play on the cowgirl theme. Try placing drinks or packaged food items in brown baskets. Snacks can be placed inside white pails. Find fun and creative ways to present the food that go along with the cowgirl theme.
If you’re looking for healthy food options, platters of fresh vegetables and fruit are always great choices. Cheese and crackers or pigs in a blanket can also work as small appetizers. Other food options include:
• Pink lemonade
• Mac & cheese
• Ice cream cones
• “Gold nuggets” chicken nuggets
• Cowgirl nachos
As for the cake, you have several options. Cupcakes are a great choice for a cowgirl themed party and can replace a traditional cake. Cupcakes can be topped with pink frosting and horse or cow cupcake toppers. If you opt for a traditional cake, you can choose one with cow print or a paisley design. Other cake options include:
• Three tier cake topped with a pair of pink cowgirl boots
• Horse-topped pink ruffle cake
• Cow print cake topped with a cowgirl hat
• Cake topped with horseshoes or spurs
Keeping party guests entertained is one of the most difficult parts of planning a birthday party. The cowgirl theme gives you quite a bit of creative freedom to choose fun and unconventional activities.
1. Horseshoes – Plan a classic horseshoes game, but instead of using heavy metal horseshoes, use kid-friendly plastic ones.
2. Milk the cow stand – Have two stands with a cow printed on each one. Attach a pair of surgical gloves to each stand as makeshift udders. Fill the gloves with milk or water. Have the kids “milk” the cows.
3. Pony or horse rides – Rent ponies or horses and let party guests go for a ride.
4. Scavenger hunt – Have kids search for different items individually or in teams. The winner gets a prize.
5. Music – Music should be included in the event. If your budget allows, you can hire a DJ or a local country band to play.
6. Rodeo – Rent an inflatable rodeo bull. Kids can take turns riding the bull. You can even hold contests to see who can stay on the bull the longest.
Party favors are another thing to consider. With a fun cowgirl theme, you have plenty of options to choose from, including:
• Small cowboy boot key chains
• Mason jars filled with cookie mix
• Buckets filled with sweet treats
• Cowgirl hats
• Stick horses
The party favors that you choose can be as simple or as extravagant as your budget allows. Even just a few small treats can still fit into the cowgirl theme if you present them in a creative way. Western themed treat bags or even a tiny muslin sack work perfectly for this theme.