Yo Gabba Gabba Party Ideas
Posted on May 12, 2014 by Tijon Employee
Yo Gabba Gabba is a great television show that features 5 unique toys that come to life. This is one of the most popular children’s television shows in the country and having a Yo Gabba Gabba party will be the talk of the town.
If you want to throw your own themed party, you can use the following Yo Gabba Gabba party ideas for inspiration.
Indoors or outdoors a Yo Gabba Gabba party will always be a success. Since younger guests are coming, it is best to throw an outdoor party to keep everyone occupied. This will allow kids to choose their own activities, run around and play soccer or simply jump into a swimming pool.
The location will allow you to still maintain the Yo Gabba Gabba theme, but you will also be able to use the environment to keep everyone occupied. Remember, not everything has to be Yo Gabba Gabba related. Kids simply need to be occupied and the decorations and accents will make the party a specific theme.
If the weather allows, it is always best to have some outdoor fun.
The decorations purchased or created will make the party a true success. Thankfully, the basic Yo Gabba Gabba theme is one that is simplistic, yet fun. This allows even the least crafty person to be able to decorate the party and it be a success.
A few ideas for decorations include:
Professional Decorations: This show is immensely popular and there is no shortage of professionally created decorations to go with your party. Balloons, table clothes, cups and toys can all be purchased to add a professional look to the party. Every party supply store will have a wide selection of Yo Gabba Gabba decorations to choose from.
Handcrafted: The design of all characters is simplistic and includes basic shapes. All you need is a few pieces of colored paper to create a cutout of any character of your choosing. White, black, green, yellow, blue pink and red will be needed. Now, you have all of the basic colors needed to cutout any character and make homemade decorations.
Large dolls can also be purchased so that they can go along with the theme.
If you are a person that likes to bake, you will make this party a massive success. There are so many great ways to add the Yo Gabba Gabba theme into cookies, cakes and various other sweets.
Cupcakes: Let your creativity soar with cupcakes. You can choose to create cupcakes for each character and it is easy.
1. Muno: Red frosting and a candy eye are all that are needed to create Muno. This clumsy character also has to white teeth that hang out of his mouth.
2. Foofa: Pink frosting with a beautiful flower in the middle will be in place of Foofa the flower.
3. Brobee: Everyone’s favorite character. Brobee cupcakes can be green, include two eyes and of course the red hair (gummy candies) and red smile are needed.
4. Plex: The magic robot. Plex is a little complicated to make, but he is all boxes. Simply use frosting to create the best Plex you can. Yellow, grey, red and black frosting will be needed.
5. Toodee: The cat-dragon. Toodee is blue and very easy to recreate. Her eyes are large and white which makes sugar eye candies a good choice. Long eye lashes, cat teeth and cat ears will be needed as well.
Using the mentioned character details, you will be able to make a cake, cookies or cupcakes that are a great treat. You will need to have a picture of the character available so that you can recreate the character perfectly.
The entertainment options available are vast. This will include:
1. Placing the television show on display so that the kids can watch their favorite show together.
2. Having a DJ to take the place of the show’s DJ.
3. Outdoor activities should be included. This may include a game of tag or hide-and-seek.
4. Piñatas are a great choice and they can be found in numerous characters.
5. Someone, ideally family members or professionals, can attend the party in character. This will bring the theme to life and be a huge hit.
6. Yo Gabba Gabba music and soundtracks are available and should be played throughout the party.
Remember, while these are Yo Gabba Gabba party ideas, you do not need everything to be Yo Gabba Gabba. This can be a mix of what is now popular and the Yo Gabba Gabba items mentioned. Since parties are more the preference of the child, bounce some ideas off of your child to see what they would like.
You will want to do this in a way that does not giveaway the party. A good choice is to ask your child to draw their dream party and ask them to describe it when they are finished. This will give you an idea what he or she would like their party to be like.